Re: new test on archive packages: cron files

On 04/08/07 at 12:52 +0200, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> > Lucas does some magic with his ruby scripts to merge old logs with new ones and
> > does so mark new failures with NEWFAIL etc.. im not sure if they would work with
> > your list, .. if you want to run this check on a regular basis this is something
> > we should look into.
>
> Sure I can run periodically, once in two weeks sounds ok?
> I'll investigate NEWFAIL stuff as well.

Hi,

Really nice work :-)

Regarding the list format, you got it right. You don't need to add a
fake build time: when needed, I'll change mergeresults.rb so that it
works even with a different number of fields (I wanted to do that for
piuparts results anyway).

Don't hesitate to ping me when you need it.

About running it periodically, I'm not sure that you need to run it so
often. The test is similar to piuparts, and piuparts results tend to be
quite stable. The best thing to do would probably be to integrate that
into piuparts, so archive-wide piuparts runs would include your test as
well.