Re: new test on archive packages: cron files

hello Michael,

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 11:11:47AM +0200, Michael Ablassmeier wrote:
> great stuff! The Format looks right to me, even tho some of those entries
> appear twice? The usual way would be to commit this logfile into the collab-qa
> repository and write a small Notes file which explains what those marks like
> CMD_NOT_FOUND mean. (collab-qa/crontest/{Notes,/crontest-<date>/logfile.txt})

I fixed the duplicate lines and commited crontest/ directory to collab-qa with
the latest run results as well. I'm writing Notes file.

> Then go ahead and file bugs for the packages. You can usertag the bugs with a
> usertag like 'qa-cron-<date>' and the user set to the QA groups mail address.
> You can then mark the packages you have filed bugs for with NNN: and use the
> bts2pkglist.pl from tools/ to fetch all the filed bugs and replace the NNN: in
> your list with the real bug ID (so you dont have to wait for the BTS to come up
> with a bugnumber while processing ..)

great :)

> Lucas does some magic with his ruby scripts to merge old logs with new ones and
> does so mark new failures with NEWFAIL etc.. im not sure if they would work with
> your list, .. if you want to run this check on a regular basis this is something
> we should look into.

Sure I can run periodically, once in two weeks sounds ok?
I'll investigate NEWFAIL stuff as well.

thanks,
filippo
--
Filippo Giunchedi - http://esaurito.net
PGP key: 0x6B79D401

"UNIX was not designed to stop its users from doing stupid things, as that
would also stop them from doing clever things."
-- Doug Gwyn