Re: Packages which build-depend on libtool1.4

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> That will get a lot of people whose upstream still thinks they can get away
> with autoconf 2.13 and libtool/automake 1.4 forever pissed, but probably the
> only package we will have to tolerate violating that rule is gnucash (whose
> build system is something out of hell) and glibc/whatever (which we should
> not even bother with touching, since it is likely they have forked whatever
> they use a LONG time ago anyway).

Incidentally, the reason that gnucash has a build system from hell and
is stuck with old auto* tools is because upstream is only doing
minimal maintenance on the 1.8 branch, and is instead focusing all
energy on a gnome-2 gnucash.  Steady and good work is being made, but
they quite reasonably want to leave 1.8 alone.

Thomas