Re: Bugs, usertags, and including more people

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 13:15 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > One of the things that I proposed in my talk during Debconf5 is to
> > have a friendlier bug interface that allows for bugs to be sorted on
> > the language (c, python, perl, etc) of the code, and the difficulty of
> > solving them (trivial, easy, interesting, tedious, difficult
> > guru-level).
>
> debtags already tags many packages WRT langugage, so couldn't that be
> used for the language side of things to avoid duplicating work?

Yes, the "made-of::lang"[0] facet from debtags can be used where needed.
It will just require package tagging (under heavy progress) and a
debbugs patch, still not considered.

The difficulty of solving a bug can't be tracked so easily. What's hard
to me will be easy for others and sometimes it's a moving target. I feel
comfortable with wontfix, moreinfo, unreproducible, pending and some
others tags only. These aren't a drop-in replacement but works, imo.

[0] = `debtags tagsearch made-of::lang` to see the current vocabulary

Best regards,
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus@debian.org>