Re: Bugs, usertags, and including more people

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 01:15:13PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > One of the things that I proposed in my talk during Debconf5 is to
> > have a friendlier bug interface that allows for bugs to be sorted on
> > the language (c, python, perl, etc) of the code, and the difficulty of
> > solving them (trivial, easy, interesting, tedious, difficult
> > guru-level).
>
> debtags already tags many packages WRT langugage, so couldn't that be
> used for the language side of things to avoid duplicating work?
Right; I was going to say the same thing.  Plus, its not a per-bug
property, but a per-package property (usually, as noted).

There are 3 related bugs; see

The suggestion is for per-package, "unintentional" tags.  debtags tags
intentional things like "science::astronomy, purpose::viewing,
format::fits" or whatever, but the suggested use of tags mentioned in
that bug are to report problems, so it is independent from debtags.  I
like the idea of per-package unintentional tags, like "orphaned, or
new-upstream".

Justin