Re: The PTS should list Ubuntu patches

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 12:33:02PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> well, but these patches should go into the debian BTS then. I agree with
> Joey here that showing "oh, there is a ubuntu-patch" is not the most
> appropriate thing.

i tend to disagree. the BTS is for bugs, should they have patches or
not. patches are some difference in how different people do things and
are not necessarily a bug, nor is every patch wanted for debian.

but it would be cool if the maintainer was aware of the patches flying
around, so she can look through them for applicable ones and
inspiration.

so IMHO the PTS is the right place for it, but it should not be
ubuntu-specific. for example a directory with files that contain lines
like <package> <patch url> and that is parsed by the PTS would allow for
different scripts that collect patches and write them into this file.
one of these script could then just get the ubuntu info, and later we
might add more sources.

cu  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com