Re: [RFC] Software Process Improvement in Free Software, Closing the Quality Cycle, Inventing Non-Developer-Demotivating QA/QM/SPI

* Thomas Schorpp <t.schorpp@gmx.de> [2004-11-02 11:35]:
> | This sounds quite interesting, but I wonder if there is enough knowledge
> | about these things in the Debian community to even have a meaningful
> | discussion?
>
> At least many experienced SW engineers and prooject leads, QMs who
> have worked for the big ones (Siemens, SAP, HEIDELBERG) or
> automotive (BOSCH, JOHNSON, VDO, HARMAN-BECKER, VW, PORSCHE, BMW,
> DC, HP, NASA) have at least basic experience in these practices.

How does this address Fabian's concern that there's not enough
experience in the *Debian community.  Sure, there may be many qualit
managers with lots of experience in the companies you mentioned, but
how does that help Debian?

> I'd like to get assigned some webspace on qa-debian.org to publish
> presentations and guides what should convince the current team to be
> commited to extend QA to QM and SPI with (my) help.

Please create a web site on your own machine and if we think it's
useful we can link to it or later move it to qa.d.o.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/