Re: [RFC] Software Process Improvement in Free Software, Closing the Quality Cycle, Inventing Non-Developer-Demotivating QA/QM/SPI

Hello Martin,

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Thomas Schorpp <t.schorpp@gmx.de> [2004-11-02 11:35]:

| This sounds quite interesting, but I wonder if there is enough knowledge
| about these things in the Debian community to even have a meaningful
| discussion?

At least many experienced SW engineers and prooject leads, QMs who
have worked for the big ones (Siemens, SAP, HEIDELBERG) or
automotive (BOSCH, JOHNSON, VDO, HARMAN-BECKER, VW, PORSCHE, BMW,
DC, HP, NASA) have at least basic experience in these practices.

How does this address Fabian's concern that there's not enough
experience in the *Debian community.  Sure, there may be many qualit
managers with lots of experience in the companies you mentioned, but
how does that help Debian?

I assumed there should be many people who are contributing to Linux in their free time, although hired.

I'd like to get assigned some webspace on qa-debian.org to publish
presentations and guides what should convince the current team to be
commited to extend QA to QM and SPI with (my) help.

Please create a web site on your own machine and if we think it's
useful we can link to it or later move it to qa.d.o.

Acknowlegded, thank You, I'll try to get affordable webspace somewhere.
Sorry I've got no sufficent own resources here.

Tom