Helping bussy maintainers (Re: Ranking of the worst maintainers)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Michael Stone wrote:

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 09:46:38PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
Please explain your understanding of the relation of the words
  a) help - as I wrote    and
  b) insult - as you interpreted my mail

Have you checked the thread title lately?
Thanks, you are right here.  I just think that sometimes maintainers are
even too busy to ask for help.  I just faced this when I asked for permission
for an NMU for a package of a maintainer who scores quite high in the list
mantioned above.  He even asked me to take over the package because he
is so busy.  So I think it is no real schame to be high on the list, but it
would be a schame if we as the Debian project would not be able to handle
a problem.  And yes, you are right, titling the maintainers as bad or worst
is not the right attribute.

Kind regards

         Andreas.