Re: Ranking of the worst maintainers

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Riku Voipio wrote:

True. That list looks to me like the list of the most used packages
(dpkg, mount and glibc at the top...) By taking popcon.debian.org
statistics into account, the list will probably look quite a bit
different. It still won't take in account the work done by maintainers
going through great pains to maintain something braindead upstream,
or something massively complex like d-i and X.
But looking at this list with a little grain of salt we know perfectly
the reasons for some people high on this list - often used packages
tend to produce more bugs.  But on the other hand this list might be
a way to detect maintainers who really have trouble and need some
help.  Perhaps we might focus on the ranking numbers 100 to 500 and
forget the top most because it is hard to automatically handle these.

Kind regards

          Andreas.