Re: 3ddesktop / release quality

> Pierre,
>
> I really don't want to seem rude, but wtf are you doing? Yeah, tbm and
> I have (somewhat) agreed in a discussion on this list to tackle this task
> and I really apreciate your help, it's welcome. But before we do
> anything we need to agree on what we do and how we will do it.
>
> And starting to write a little web script (that looked nice when
> I skimmed over it lacks many features I wanted to propose) and two days
> later start to threaten maintainers with NMUs in the name of the QA team
> while the two people that talked about this task are on an exhibition
> (Linuxtag in Germany) is certainly not my understanding of team work...
>
> tbm and I have discussed the task today and had some ideas about it
> and I really want to discuss this matter here on debian-qa. But starting
> to send out mails before the discussion even started is not the right
> way! It just isn't.

I'm sorry, I think there is a misunderstanding. I mean, I didn't want to
threaten you in any form. Sorry if my mail seemed to be one :(

I did used 3ddesktop once upon a time, and know the program and his
features, and some of its bugs quite a bit. So I was in fact happy to
improve myself, well maybe not that but to train myself for packaging
for debian. I think I was far too enthusiastic...

As the matter of a fact, as I said in the previous mail, I really want
to help QA (not work in the name of the QA team, which i _never_ did),
and for that I take randomly packages, I know a bit, and try to see if
they are of RQ or not. I Cc: the list not to be aggressive upon you, but
only to say the list "I'm on 3ddesktop, no need for another guy to do
so". that was all.

So I apologies from all my heart for the last sentences of my mail that
were - I agree - very clumsy (and my bad English here is not the only to
blame). I am very very very enthusiastic for this work, and am really --
i think -- of goodwill. So if you think I'm loosing my time, or bustling
about nothing important, just tell me, I'd be glad to do something
_really_ useful for the QA team.

My goal is not to be caliph instead of the caliph, I really want to help
debian that helps me daily -- all computers I work with the day along
run debian -- and I'm really attached to quality, so I think I can do
right things here. Just help me to learn the right ways to do it.

So once more, I'm really really really sorry for my rudeness. And feel
free to drop the work I did on your package. But whatever you will do of
it, I would be really happy to have your comments about it (if I did
somthings wrong, etc ...), so <tiny hesitant voice> if i can ask you to
take a look at it ?

I am really here to learn, and I say to everyone here in the list, give
me as much advices as you want, as much remarks, I'd try really the
harder i can to follow them.

best regards,
--
Pierre Habouzit