Re: 3ddesktop / release quality

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 01:23:28PM +0200, Pierre HABOUZIT wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I introduce myself : I'm not a debian developper, but want to help the
> debian-qa team, that's why i'm taking the package that are not in woody
> but in sarge, to determine if yes or no, they are of release quality or
> not. moreover, I'm french, and my english is not very good (I've not a
> very extended vocabulary). So my apologies if the following seems a
> little rude.

Pierre,

I really don't want to seem rude, but wtf are you doing? Yeah, tbm and
I have (somewhat) agreed in a discussion on this list to tackle this task
and I really apreciate your help, it's welcome. But before we do
anything we need to agree on what we do and how we will do it.

And starting to write a little web script (that looked nice when
I skimmed over it lacks many features I wanted to propose) and two days
later start to threaten maintainers with NMUs in the name of the QA team
while the two people that talked about this task are on an exhibition
(Linuxtag in Germany) is certainly not my understanding of team work...

tbm and I have discussed the task today and had some ideas about it
and I really want to discuss this matter here on debian-qa. But starting
to send out mails before the discussion even started is not the right
way! It just isn't.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>