Re: plans on orphaning / removing packages not in testing

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 01:19:28PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2004-06-20 12:06]:
> > If as maintainer you want your package not to be released but to remain
> > in unstable, then file a serious bug on the package to that effect and
> > tell the release team.
>
> Is there no cleaner solution so those RC bugs don't show up in the RC
> bug listing?  Something like a "remove foo" hint without a specific
> version number.

I don't want to keep hints around forever; hints are too centralized in
the hands of the release team; and hints can't have discussion attached
to them. I think the BTS is the right place. The bug is, after all,
release-critical *for that package*.