Re: changelogs.debian.net

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 11:39:07AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 01:38:57AM +0200, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 12:20:22AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Not sure if anyone else is going to find this of massive use, but I find I'm
> > > often looking at changelogs for packages that aren't necessarily installed
> > > locally, or I'm out and about and all I have is my email and a web browser,
> > > and I want to look at a package's changelog.
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > > I found it a bit tedious clicking through packages.debian.org/packagename,
> > > so I hacked up something to do it for me, and changelogs.debian.net was
> > > born...
> >
> > Nice but I thought someone else had changelog in people.debian.org too ...

The only one I know off was Noel Koethe and I used his script to
integrate the functionality in packages.debian.org

> Oh okay. Probably helps if these things get linked somewhere vaguely
> official so they can be found...

The simplest "official" solution would be to offer the changelogs
in the way you do accessible via packages.debian.org/changelog:<packagename>

What do you think about that? (we should perhaps offer an abbrevation for
changelog, too, like /chlg:<packagename> or something like that.

Or we just mention your page on the packages search page.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/