Re: plans on orphaning / removing packages not in testing

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 08:27:14PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
Well, I'm not speaking of investing any time now on them, but just to
alert their maintainers and users that if the packages keep on being
unfit for release, these packages will be removed after release.

Why? I'd actually like to see *more* packages that are unstable-only,
rather than have mediocre or dead-end packages enter the stable release.
There are a lot of packages whose upstream is a rapidly moving target
and which there's frankly not a lot of point in packaging for a stable
release that's got to survive for years.

Mike Stone