Re: plans on orphaning / removing packages not in testing

* Frank Lichtenheld (djpig@debian.org) [040618 19:40]:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 06:38:58PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > I'd consider it a good idea if we try to get rid of some of the
> > packages that are in unstable, but not in the release of sarge
> > ("release" as in: stable -> sarge). I'm prepared to do the work for
> > it, but would like to pre-warn the other developers in time. Therefor,
> > I would e.g. like to send a mail like this to d-d-a:

> Hmm, I don't quite understand why this would be a good idea. The
> packages are not in testing so I would rather not waste more time
> on them _before_ the release but concentrate my work on the packages
> that are in testing but not ready for release. Or am I missing
> something?

Well, I'm not speaking of investing any time now on them, but just to
alert their maintainers and users that if the packages keep on being
unfit for release, these packages will be removed after release.

Of course, investing the time for reviewing before orphaning / removal
should be done about release of sarge.

Cheers,
Andi
--