Re: Future of rocks-n-diamonds

* John Lightsey (john@nixnuts.net) [040126 10:10]:
> On Monday 26 January 2004 02:35 am, you wrote:
> > * Raphael Goulais (raphael@nicedays.net) [040125 23:10]:
> > > But it is still a great game.

> > So, should we move it to non-free, or are some thing undistributable
> > at all?

> It's not distributable.  Much of the content is like an xmame rom, the
> upstream author doesn't have a license to use it, but he's not worried
> because there haven't been any complaints.
>
> If there aren't any more efforts to clean this package up it should be
> removed.

In this case, I'd say we should reassign this RC-bug to ftp.d.o and
ask for removal. If no-one stands up until the end of the week, I'll
do that.

> Mirrormagic is a little more interesting.  At least some of the music is being
> used without a license.  As far as the level data and graphics go, I don't
> really know.  From what I understand Artsoft did some if not all of the work
> on one of the commercial games the graphics and level data were taken from.
> Assuming that Holger has a legitimate right to use all the graphics, sounds,
> and level data in mirrormagic, replacing the music loops would be trivial.

Mirrirmagic doesn't have a RC-bug. ;)

I'll include all the information in the last days to a new RC-bug
there (and Cc debian-qa), so that we can discuss this at the right
place, and also include the maintainer (last upload not too long ago).

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/