Re: Future of rocks-n-diamonds

On Monday 26 January 2004 02:35 am, you wrote:
> * Raphael Goulais (raphael@nicedays.net) [040125 23:10]:
> > > I happen to think this is a great game, but there's no way I'd sign a
> > > rocks-n-diamonds package until the upstream author says it's 100%
> > > clean.
> >
> > I would not even believe in that, sadly (on upstream author's behalf).
> > But it is still a great game.
>
> So, should we move it to non-free, or are some thing undistributable
> at all?

It's not distributable.  Much of the content is like an xmame rom, the
upstream author doesn't have a license to use it, but he's not worried
because there haven't been any complaints.

If there aren't any more efforts to clean this package up it should be
removed.

Mirrormagic is a little more interesting.  At least some of the music is being
used without a license.  As far as the level data and graphics go, I don't
really know.  From what I understand Artsoft did some if not all of the work
on one of the commercial games the graphics and level data were taken from.
Assuming that Holger has a legitimate right to use all the graphics, sounds,
and level data in mirrormagic, replacing the music loops would be trivial.

John