Re: Future of rocks-n-diamonds

Le dim 25/01/2004 à 21:07, John Lightsey a écrit :
> The package is already orphaned and there have been at least three attempts at
> adopting it.

I'm one of these three :)

I would add something about the images. Some of them are from the
original game, and upstream authors does consider them to be free, as he
has changed them by modifying their depth level ... So he considers they
are no longer from the copyrighted game. I had a few mails with him, and
I think that the task of removing non-free stuff from this package is
beyond my abilities (and I think, beyond the abilities of a normal
human-being).

> I happen to think this is a great game, but there's no way I'd sign a
> rocks-n-diamonds package until the upstream author says it's 100% clean.

I would not even believe in that, sadly (on upstream author's behalf).
But it is still a great game.

> I'd prefer to see rocks-n-diamonds and mirror-magic dropped until these issues
> are addressed upstream.

Agreed.

Raphael