Re: Process for doing a "QA upload"

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 04:27:44PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Is there a documentation somewhere about the Correct way to do a QA
> upload. In fact, I even don't know whether what I intend to do *is* a
> QA upload?;..?:-)

A QA upload is an upload of an orphaned package with the Maintainer:
field set to "Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>". There is no
need to use NMU-style versioning for such uploads, or to seek special
permission.

> I have the feeling that QA upload is the Correct way to handle
> this....and I plan to also take this opportunity for fixing all other
> package bugs I'm able to fix (for diskles....maybe none...?:-))
>
> So, what should I do besides the usual stuff regardig NMU's??

Yes, feel free. If you've seen recent activity by other people on the
package in question, then you might like to post to debian-qa saying
that you're working on it. If somebody is currently in the process of
adopting the package (and please do check this), then you should contact
them to make sure you aren't duplicating work. Otherwise, fixing
orphaned package bugs is definitely a useful thing to do.