Process for doing a "QA upload"

(please CC me to answers)

Is there a documentation somewhere about the Correct way to do a QA
upload. In fact, I even don't know whether what I intend to do *is* a
QA upload ;.. :-)

My concern is in updating a package (diskless) which is orphaned and
which I filed bugs for it using po-debconf for debconf templates
(209393/210463)

I usually do a NMU when the maintainer does not show any sign of life
for these bugs. Of course, NMU'ing an orphaned package does not seem
very logical....(though I did some things like that for other
packages).

I have the feeling that QA upload is the Correct way to handle
this....and I plan to also take this opportunity for fixing all other
package bugs I'm able to fix (for diskles....maybe none... :-))

So, what should I do besides the usual stuff regardig NMU's ?

Should I use a NMU-type version number or a normal one ?
-