Re: Implementing my proposal for the organisation of QA

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:55:12 +0100
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:

> Le Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 04:52:41PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr écrivait:
> > Please mention the scripts in pandora:/org/qa.debian.org/mia (plus the
> > README).  It's true that most inactive maintainers are found during
> > BSP and fixing RC bugs; however, I think that the "MIA team" itself
> > should be rather small (2-3 people).  I think Raphaël disagrees with
> > me here, though.
>
> The MIA team may be small (ie the people who are actually deciding to
> orphan a package and so on) but we must have as many people as we can
> who report facts when they detect a maintainer who is possibly MIA.
>
> The even better thing is when we don't need to centralize the detection
> of MIA people because the community around the package takes care of it.
> That's my goal. :)
and that's why I think that the mia-reporting mail and stuff should be
better documented... maybe the developer's reference...

it would be much easier to find MIA maintainers, if people[1] knew
what to do when they think someone is MIA, I'm sure...

[]s!

[1]: non-QA people, I mean...

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |