Re: Implementing my proposal for the organisation of QA

* Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> [20020108 23:00]:
> A first proposal for tasks:

Please add:

  - take care of bugs reported against non-existing packages.  This is
    handled by unknown-package@qa.debian.org (Colin, Josip and me, with
    Colin doing most of the work)

  - take care of bugs when packages are removed from unstable.
    Handled by removed-packages@qa.d.o (me).  Before a new release is
    made, packages which were distributed with the last release and
    are no longer found in the new one should be documented for the
    release notes (and alternative packages be suggested).  I will
    hopefully do that for woody.

>  * find MIA maintainers (could be separated out, but my experience is
>    that you find most MIA maintainers when going through bugs)

Please mention the scripts in pandora:/org/qa.debian.org/mia (plus the
README).  It's true that most inactive maintainers are found during
BSP and fixing RC bugs; however, I think that the "MIA team" itself
should be rather small (2-3 people).  I think Raphaël disagrees with
me here, though.

> - WNPP
>  * maintain the WNPP bugs and the orphaned packages

Please mention the scripts in pandora:/org/qa.debian.org/data/wnpp
(wnpp-lint and wnpp-publicize).

It would be nice if these tasks would be described properly and put on
the qa.d.o web site.  The "About Quality Assurance" document there is
really out of date and it might be a good idea to use this task list
as an excuse to update it.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com