Re: Stale ITAs done

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 11:43:54PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> The main problem is that it's very much work if every six months a person
> comes and tries to go through the WNPP bugs. That's something I hope it
> will become with my proposal of testing tasks - there are people
> responsible for WNPP who try to get such things done reguarly (either by
> doing it themselves or by asking for help on debian-qa or eventually
> debian-devel).

One of the tasks that Debian Jr. is taking on is to periodically review
WNPP for packages that might be of interest to us.  I think in the process
we are going to find things that would have been interesting, but for one
reason or another are not desirable to package.  We will also, no doubt,
find things that are desirable to package, were ITP'd with good intentions,
but the person who ITP'd them never followed through.  I hope that for the
former we'll be able to speed the bug along to closure, and for the latter
we will be able to find volunteers within our workgroup to take over the
ITP.

Ben