Re: Last minute package update request

> If people are busy doing productive things that you want to have happen
> faster or more reliably or more professionally, do _not_ try to distract
> them with an idiotic flamewar --- least of all one that's been done
> to death twice already. It's a _very_ simple rule, with _very_ simple
> justification.

Oh, this is certainly true.  An idiotic flamewar is to nobody's
benefit.  ftpmaster should freely ignore *that*.

The original mail however was not an idiotic flamewar.  It was an
out-of-the-loop developer who asked "is it possible to get these
packages in under the wire?"

I think it would have been better to say to him "I'm sorry, no."
Instead, he got no reply--and a consequence was the present
discussion.

Nobody is flaming about the rule that the packages can't be allowed in
under the wire.  That's clearly the right decision.

The complaint is that ftpmaster didn't see any point in even a
one-line message to the poor uninformed guy.

And my question is: so what can we do so that even stupid people get a
reply to reasonable (but uninformed) questions?

Thomas