Re: Last minute package update request

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Anthony Towns wrote:

> And, just to expound upon that before we drop further into the usual
> sort of self-righteousness these threads evoke, you do _not_ know
> what you're talking about at all.
Perhaps. But doing the very same thing on one package but refusing to
do it onto another causes a question.  I would consider it polite
if those question could be answered with a short sentence.  I did not
even ask ftpmaster to do something but just to drop a not if there is
a problem on my side.  I just tried to be helpful.

> Right now, eg, much of ftpmaster is
> working on fixing the security infrastructure. Would you like to help
> with that? Then why didn't you when the security team was talking about
> rbuilder over the past year?
Sorry, I fail to see a relation to the question.

> If you want to know what you're talking about, you're probably going to
> have to wait until someone from ftpmaster explains it to you, probably
> in words of one syllable or less.
This would be enough.  I even can cope with quite rude answers and I
think I are even capable to keep my politeness.  And I repeat once
more: The job which might have been done (which I think in my complete
ignorance of facts and complete lack of knowledge) would have spend
less time than answering a mail with some words.

> Doing that will also take time and
> energy that could otherwise be used for productive work, so it's highly
> unlikely to happen in the near future.
I tried to keep this in mind every time but the behaviour in this
actual case seems to be a logical contradiction.  Logical contradictions
don't let me sleepo well, sorry.

> As far as the release is concerned, when there's something to be
> announced, it will be.
Good news - it's fine for me.

> Enough with the angst-ridden whining already. Everything really is
Its perfectly all right for me if you or others think that some people
are whining.  I try to avoid such offends in my mails.

Kind regards

          Andreas.