Re: Officially drop Linux 2.0 support? (was Some /usr/doc NMUs coming up)

Colin Watson <cjw44@flatline.org.uk> wrote:
> >In that case I suggest that we remove bridge, and make it official that the
> >next release of Debian will only versions of Linux supported are 2.2 and 2.4.
> >
> >Are there any other packages that only support Linux 2.0?
>
> At least the following binary packages:
>
>   arla-modules-2.0.36
>   ftape-tools (?)
>   ibcs-source-2.0
>   ipautofw (?)
>   ipfwadm (will this work with 2.4's compatibility mode? If so keep it)
>   kernel-doc-2.0.36
>   kernel-headers-2.0.36
>   kernel-patch-2.0.36-m68k
>   kernel-patch-2.0.37-raid
>   kernel-source-2.0.36

Found another one:

update - daemon to periodically flush filesystem buffers
The description says:
 This package is not needed with Linux 2.2.8 and above.  If you do not
 plan to run a 2.0.x series kernel on this system, you can safely
 remove this package.  update may still be useful in sync mode (as opposed
 to flush mode) on more recent kernels for the extra paranoid.

--
Don't worry  --  shop.