Officially drop Linux 2.0 support? (was Some /usr/doc NMUs coming up)

Edward Betts <edward@debian.org> wrote:
>Colin Watson <cjw44@flatline.org.uk> wrote:
>> Edward Betts <edward@debian.org> wrote:
>> >Another thought, bridge contains the userspace tools for operating an
>> >ethernet bridge on Linux 2.0, we have have not supported the 1.x
>> >versions of the Linux kernel for some time, is it about time that we
>> >dropped the support for version 2.0?
>>
>> Hmm, the modutils in woody doesn't support 2.0. Should we remove bridge,
>> then? No-one seems to have been interested in adopting it for quite some
>> time.
>
>In that case I suggest that we remove bridge, and make it official that the
>next release of Debian will only versions of Linux supported are 2.2 and 2.4.
>
>Are there any other packages that only support Linux 2.0?

At least the following binary packages:

  arla-modules-2.0.36
  ftape-tools (?)
  ibcs-source-2.0
  ipautofw (?)
  ipfwadm (will this work with 2.4's compatibility mode? If so keep it)
  kernel-doc-2.0.36
  kernel-headers-2.0.36
  kernel-patch-2.0.36-m68k
  kernel-patch-2.0.37-raid
  kernel-source-2.0.36

This should definitely be discussed on debian-devel, though (cc'ed).