Re: Need for a test suite

On 01-02-01 Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  up the release process?  The answer is at least partially evident: we
>  need people actually doing QA.  It looks like Raphael, whom, AFAIK, was
>  playing QA coodinator, got caught up in RL, and other people are in a
>  similar situation.  Can we have an informal heads count here?

Well, Raphael seems to be still alive, but rather busy. I just had some
small mail exchange with him. I'm still on this list, but currenlty my
main focus is bugfixing and especially ssh, which has a lot of open
bugs (and Phil is currently still a bit busy).

>  Last year a group of developers demed the idea of using a task manager
>  as a good one, in order to help introduce some order into the apparent
>  chaos that QA is right now.  One example of such software is

You saw the area "Task information" and also the "Mailbot Reference" on
qa.debian.org? So some kind of task manager is already working.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member