Re: Need for a test suite

Le Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 08:06:14PM +0100, Christian Kurz écrivait:
> On 01-02-01 Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> >  up the release process?  The answer is at least partially evident: we
> >  need people actually doing QA.  It looks like Raphael, whom, AFAIK, was
> >  playing QA coodinator, got caught up in RL, and other people are in a
> >  similar situation.  Can we have an informal heads count here?
>
> Well, Raphael seems to be still alive, but rather busy. I just had some
> small mail exchange with him. I'm still on this list, but currenlty my

Yeah, i'm still following several debian list including debian-qa and do
participate in some discussion but I have no time to do any other work
than maintaining my (few) packages (that does include debian-cd however).

I still think that we need QA for Debian, but i'm not able to any
coordination work for this.

> You saw the area "Task information" and also the "Mailbot Reference" on
> qa.debian.org? So some kind of task manager is already working.

Last year, when I was to the 0th Debian Conference, we discussed a bit about
this with Nils Lohner who wanted to setup a page 'what can i do for
Debian' (it's more than just QA but has the same goal of getting help from
thos who whan to help) and we thought about using the Sourceforge software
(or a subset of the available sourceforge modules) : it already has
much of what we need (task, classification, ...) and is more attractive
and probably more usable (it doesn't have a mail interface however).

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com