Re: Bug #67746

> I know of, but am not that familiar with, mrtg.  I thought it used
> perl-snmp for its data collection.  Is this not correct?

That's right, mrtg uses perl-snmp but you can create custom scripts
which are used to generate statistics for other values than traffic.

For these scripts many people (including myself) use snmpwalk/snmpget
in shell scripts.

> > This does not solve the problem.  Can someone tell me how we can get a
> > solution for this problem?
>
> Well, I don't anticipate changing SNMP implementations again, so once
> your scripts are changed, you shouldn't have any more problems.  If
> you absolutely can't change your scripts, you could try to convince
> someone to patch UCD SNMP to support a CMU/Linux compatible output
> format and contribute it to the UCD folks.

I don't want a solution for this snmp problem but for a debian problem
which this actually is.  How can we find a way for debian to produce a
changelog for user-visible changes like that?

That's the solution I want.  I just don't want that to happen again in
snmp or any other package.