Re: Bug #67746

> In practice, you're likely to find that release notes for the unstable
> distribution change so infrequently that people ignore them until it's
> too late.  People often do things like upgrading daily.

poor people... but there are some people out there who try to use debian
in production systems ;->>>

> Note that debconf can be configured to be non-interactive - that's part
> of what I was saying about SSH's warning not being 100% effective.  If
> you don't see the warning while you're still logged in it may be too
> late.  One of the things debconf is designed to do is allow people to
> choose how interactive they want things to be.

That's why there _should_ be release notes to document user visible
changes.

> Having a BTS package would probably do most of what you want.  We'd still
> need someone providing editorial control, if only to give some structure
> to things and ensure everything reads well.

Ok.  How can we continue and solve this problem as soon as possible?

I don't know the structure of debian and I don't really want to `waste'
my time reading some debian structure documentation but I might have
enough time to help maintain the release notes and provide this editorial
control if it is needed.

I'd really like to discuss that with the right persons and get a solution
as soon as possible.