Re: Long task to do.

On 99-10-21 Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 11:55:16AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
>
> > It it still an NMU as you are not the maintainer of the package itself.
> > If somebody does this with one of my packages without sending a notify
> > to me before, I would be angry about it. If it's not your package, it's
> > definitely an NMU.

> Sure. But I think it is different from changing the whole build system
> and whatever. Of course you could do something wrong (install the wrong
> libraries) but this would only break a single architecture.

Maybe, but it' still an NMU, only if it's for one architecture. Please
kepp this in mind. And if you make a NMU, it doesn't matter what kind
of,  you first have to contact the maintainer about this.

> I would be angry also but even if I am only for a week out of touch and
> the package will not install without being rebuilt I would rather accept
> an NMU to fix that.

This isn't okay for me. If I don't get a notice of the NMU and the
maintainer, who wants to do the NMU, waits long enough, I will be angry
and will definitely tell him that. And just because you have been away
for a week, nobody is allowed to NMU, without notifying and asking you
if it's okay.

> > Well, I will work on the RCB bugs at the weekend and see what I can do.
> > So, Thorsten, could we talk about this in IRC please (I think we could
> > maybe share some load between us.)

> I am not sure if I will have the time but I will get back to you.

All right.

Ciao
     Christian
--
| Gigabell AG / Technik                               Christian Kurz |