Re: Long task to do.

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 11:55:16AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:

> It it still an NMU as you are not the maintainer of the package itself.
> If somebody does this with one of my packages without sending a notify
> to me before, I would be angry about it. If it's not your package, it's
> definitely an NMU.

Sure. But I think it is different from changing the whole build system
and whatever. Of course you could do something wrong (install the wrong
libraries) but this would only break a single architecture.

I would be angry also but even if I am only for a week out of touch and
the package will not install without being rebuilt I would rather accept
an NMU to fix that.

> Well, I will work on the RCB bugs at the weekend and see what I can do.
> So, Thorsten, could we talk about this in IRC please (I think we could
> maybe share some load between us.)

I am not sure if I will have the time but I will get back to you.

Thanks
    Torsten