Re: Long task to do.

On 99-10-19 Peter Makholm wrote:
> I wish I got more time to do debian things but ...

Same for me, but also I'm happy that I found again some time for working
on debian.

> It seems to me that a lot of the bugs on Wicherts bug list could be fixed
> by recompiling or isn't really release critical. Identify these and do
> something.

Well, Michael Stone and myself will go through the list of maintainers
with open bugs and contact the maintainers, who have a lot of open bugs.
So we will take care of this.

> Where something is either recompile, fill short tasks to recompile,
> downgrade or make a list of downgradeable bugs for public discussion.

Hm, if somethings just needs a recompilation, then contact the
maintainer about this problem and offer your help to him. We don't need
to open a task for jµst recompilation.

> Going through the bug list is hard a boring work. Bug I think we could
> cut the the number of release critical bugs a lot this way.

Well, Thorsten Landschoff did a great work on this, but he also hasn't
much spare time at the moment. So neither he or I have enough time and
so the number is going to increase. But I hope to change this soon.

Ciao
     Christian
--
| Gigabell AG / Technik                               Christian Kurz |