Re: QA more visible to users...

Torsten Landschoff <t.landschoff@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 07:34:57PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
>
> > Maybe James is a little bit busy and forgot to apply and make a new
> > release to fix this bug? Have you asked him, why he didn't applied your
> > patch?

> I asked him on irc. He told me he would look at it at the weekend (that was 3
> month ago). He also told me that he does not accept patches from everybody and
> would check the patch first.

Ok, but I find it a bit strange, as you are not a foreigner, but also a
member of Debian.

> > Well, do we really need this? I don't see why we need a directory for
> > packages which habe been fixed by us, as the patch should go to the
> > maintainer. And then the maintainer should incorporate it and use it. So
> > I only think we need a webpage, where we can show the other developers
> > on which package who of us is working and what the current status is.

> I am working on the second one. More when I get the time... But I really think

If you need some help, I have some free time and could help yout.

> there should be an area where our patches are available. It might take month
> for a patch for being accepted and some people would like to use working
> software... ;)

I would be very interested in the opionion of the other QA-Team members.
So what do they think about this?

Cheers
       Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*         Use Debian - a free Operating System for your PC         *