Re: QA more visible to users...

On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 07:34:57PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:

> Maybe James is a little bit busy and forgot to apply and make a new
> release to fix this bug? Have you asked him, why he didn't applied your
> patch?

I asked him on irc. He told me he would look at it at the weekend (that was 3
month ago). He also told me that he does not accept patches from everybody and
would check the patch first.

> Right, and I think this is the intention of our work.

ACK

> Well, do we really need this? I don't see why we need a directory for
> packages which habe been fixed by us, as the patch should go to the
> maintainer. And then the maintainer should incorporate it and use it. So
> I only think we need a webpage, where we can show the other developers
> on which package who of us is working and what the current status is.

I am working on the second one. More when I get the time... But I really think
there should be an area where our patches are available. It might take month
for a patch for being accepted and some people would like to use working
software... ;)

> Cheers
>        Christian

cu