Re: QA more visible to users...

Torsten Landschoff <t.landschoff@gmx.net> wrote:
> Today I again worked on some minor quirks (currently working on a patch) and
> noticed that my patch against mawk still did not make it into the package. I

Maybe James is a little bit busy and forgot to apply and make a new
release to fix this bug? Have you asked him, why he didn't applied your
patch?

> do not like working without any effect! It should at least help some Debian
> user!

Right, and I think this is the intention of our work.

> I think we need a standard place for packages fixed by the QA team and a link
> from the main page. This directory should be owned by the QA group (with sgid
> flag set) and available for http access.

Well, do we really need this? I don't see why we need a directory for
packages which habe been fixed by us, as the patch should go to the
maintainer. And then the maintainer should incorporate it and use it. So
I only think we need a webpage, where we can show the other developers
on which package who of us is working and what the current status is.

Cheers
       Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*         Use Debian - a free Operating System for your PC         *