Re: RFC: Debian Quality Assurance Group

Torsten Landschoff <t.landschoff@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 11:00:42PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
>
> > So I would like to ask, if the members of the QA-Team should have the
> > right to close bug-reports if they are fixed or they fix them? Maybe we
> > should limit this to bugs older than x month and I would suggest x=3.
> > What do the others mean to this?

> I think this would be a great win. But we need to think about the
> difficulties. As we make NMUs our patches might not make it to the source of
> the author so he might upload a new version which again has the old bugs.

Well than we should also send a message to the author and tell him, that
we fixed the bug and send him also the patch so he can incorporate it in
the next release. Normally you write to the submitter and tell him why
the bugreport has been closed. This could be expanded for the above
situation so, that you send a email with the new patch also to the
author, when you close the bug and make the NMU.

> OTOH I think we should be able to close non-bugs (I don't refer to wishlist
> items ;)) e.g. "ls does not show colour while it works with SuSE" with an
> appropriate mail to the submitter.

That would be a start.

Cheers
       Christian
--
There must be at least 500,000,000 rats in the United States; of course,
I never heard the story before.