Re: RFC: Debian Quality Assurance Group

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> In the normal development period (when only unstable and stable
> distributions exist), delays are as follows:
>   * fix for a critical/grave bug:			2 days
>   * fix for any kind of security or important bug:	7 days
>   * fix for a bug of normal severity:			30 days
>   * cosmetic fix or a wish implementation:		45 days
>     Note: the second two types may only be uploaded to unstable.

> The above delays are reduced by a factor of 2 in the month preceding a
> freeze. During a freeze (when there is a stable, frozen, and unstable
> distribution), delays are as follows:
>   * fix for a security bug:				1 day
>   * any other bug fix:					7 days
>
> The QA Group members making bugfix uploads will need not only to respect
> the delays above, but will also have to announce their intent to upload
> on our mailing list, CC:ing the maintainer of the related package, and at
> least 2 days (one day during freeze) before doing the upload. They will
> have to say which package and of which version and distribution will they
> upload, naming the exact bug reports that will be marked as fixed after
> the upload. The 'Maintainer' field of those uploaded packages will stay
> unchanged.

So I would like to ask, if the members of the QA-Team should have the
right to close bug-reports if they are fixed or they fix them? Maybe we
should limit this to bugs older than x month and I would suggest x=3.
What do the others mean to this?

Cheers
       Christian
--
The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky.
		-- David Gerrold