Re: RFC: Debian Quality Assurance Group

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 11:00:42PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:

> So I would like to ask, if the members of the QA-Team should have the
> right to close bug-reports if they are fixed or they fix them? Maybe we
> should limit this to bugs older than x month and I would suggest x=3.
> What do the others mean to this?

I think this would be a great win. But we need to think about the
difficulties. As we make NMUs our patches might not make it to the source of
the author so he might upload a new version which again has the old bugs.

OTOH I think we should be able to close non-bugs (I don't refer to wishlist
items ;)) e.g. "ls does not show colour while it works with SuSE" with an
appropriate mail to the submitter.

My 0.02$
    Torsten