Re: RFC: Debian Quality Assurance Group

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 12:50:06PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 12:04:50AM +0200, Josip Rodin écrivait:
> > Is this written clear enough now? We obviously need a native English
> > speaker to read the text and find any wrong/awkward/unusual expressions/words.
>
> It's fine for me but ...

I'm a native English speaker, so here goes ..

The Quality Assurance Group (QA Group) is attempt of the Debian Project
to accelerate fixing bugs in our distribution. Primary occupation of the
group is finding and maintaining orphaned packages, and helping to find

Perhaps "The primary function of the group" rather than "Primary occupation
of the group"? Occupation is a bit awkward, and "The" is needed at the start.

As noted before, any other interested maintainer who is willing to do an
upload of an orphaned package is welcome to ask on the QA Group list for
permission to do so, on behalf of his or the Group's. The permission is
considered granted if there are no objections in one week.

I don't know what you mean, "on behalf of his or the Group's".

Otherwise perfect. If you hadn't said otherwise I thought you were
a native speaker!

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3TYD.