Re: RFC: Debian Quality Assurance Group

Le Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 08:05:41PM +0200, Josip Rodin écrivait:
> You are completely missing the point. It is not written anywhere that
> QA Group members MUST do anything after the specified periods, but that
> they MAY do something after the specified period of time. Today, they
> actually can't do ANYTHING on their own, and we want to change that.
>
> Any other objections to the text?

Yes, the period of 30 days is the time we should wait before an NMU can
be done, but do we still need to ask the maintainer if we can do an NMU
after this period ?

I think that we should better say something like this :
Once a a patch has been submitted to the BTS, the QA member may announce
his intent to NMU the package to the maintainer, and if he gets no
response within 15 days (this does not count if we know that the
maintainer is absent, if so then refer to the instructions he may have
sent to debian-private before leaving) then the QA member is authorized
to do the NMU.

I personnaly think 15 days is enough. But if the maintainer responds, then
there won't be any problems usually.

Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/