Re: RFC: Debian Quality Assurance Group

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 05:23:16PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I think that's not true. Is this is the case for you, then you should
> setup some filters for keeping -devel in a separate folder. ;-)

As a matter of fact, I know how to separate the mail in folders (and do
that with some lists), but I still do keep some Debian lists together
with personal mail. That is just because it is more convenient for me.

But I will never ever miss any messages sent directly to me since the
MUA marks them differently. But some MUAs aren't that smart and people
can miss it.

> > I don't see whay intent to NMU is neccessary to be sent to -qa, but okay.
>
> I said that because I thought that you wanted to use -devel for
> coordination and for informing about possible NMUs.

Well, I didn't want that.

> Of course, I do
> not see the need of posting to -qa but it may be good so that
> others are informed on what you do and so that you have a public statement
> in which the date can be verified. ;-)

ACK.

> > I still think that the maintainer should have more time to say anything.
> > Well, the number could be 20 days...
>
> Okay, 20 days is 3 weeks. That's long enough. If a maintainer does not
> read his email during 3 weeks, he will be lost even with the
> volume of -private. :-)

Although -private is not a really good example these days ;( I know
what you mean, and agree. It's now 20 days.