Re: debian-qa-private list, web pages on QA

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 08:31:59PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > Vincent is not moderator of debian-qa-private and as such not yet
> >                  ~~~~~~~~~
> > ITYM subscriber? Or is this a read-only list for some, and read-write for
> > the committee members?
>
> Yes debian-qa-private is a public list for subscription, but only members
> of the committe can post to it. In fact we are moderators, if someone
> outside of the committe post to it, we'll get the mail since we are
> moderators.
>
> And committee@qa.debian.org is subscribed to debian-qa-private that's why
> we get the mail we are sending. :-)

Oh, I didn't know that.

> > > That's implicit. :-)
> >
> > Is it? I'll have to reread your new QA policy doc...
>
> Well, even if it's not written in the doc, who cares ? Since all developers
> can do NMU... :-)
>
> And the core team is not very useful yet. :-( We don't do the good work
> that the committe should have to do, but that's life ... I currently have
> many other things to do.

Well we're at least trying :) I don't see anyone complaining - if there
was anyone unhappy, they would do the work themselves. This is an open
project :)

> > I reckon'd that'd be the case, but I wanted to update them instantly.
>
> Of course, it's easier for you to test uour changes ...

Yes.

> > But why does the WML write to the database?! It would be more logical if
> > it was the other way around.
>
> Of course I meant 'read' access. In fact, the rights on the DB are
> « readable by all » but only user registered in the Postgresql DB
> (you create an user with createuser) can access to the DB ...

Joey fixed it, now it works. I've made some cosmetical changes to the
site, check it out. Feel free to flame me if it sucks badly :)

I'll examine the WML setup on www.debian.org to see how can we unify
the look of the site, by using the same header and footer on all pages.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name