Re: QPID packages in Debian (re-sent)

On 8 May 2014 13:34, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> wrote:
> On 07/05/14 21:57, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> you're looking for
>>
>> https://github.com/cajus/qpid-cpp-debian
>>
>> The store stuff is also packaged, but it was a bit tricky to build...
>
> I've just added to CC everybody who has uploaded any of these qpid
> packages (email addresses from the debian/changelogs)
>
> Here is what I've done
>
> - requested creation of a mailing list
> pkg-middleware-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> - cloned the python-qpid, qpid-cpp-debian and qpid-tools repos from
> https://github.com/cajus
>
> - downloaded the latest NMUs of these packages from sid and copied their
> contents into git (using git-import-orig for the orig tarballs and then
> copying the latest debian/* files onto master)
>
> - updated each control file to refer to the mailing list as maintainer
> and include the VCS locations so they will appear in the PTS pages
>
> - included myself in Uploaders in the control file (Cajus, would you
> like to be in there too and if so, do you want your debian.org address
> or private address listed?)
>
> - the pkg-middleware project now exists on alioth but the UNIX group is
> broken (ticket raised with alioth admins)
>
> When the UNIX group is fixed, I will copy all the repositories into
> alioth /git/pkg-middleware/*.git
>
> I may not have time to maintain these fully either but I'm happy to get
> them into this central location in the hope that it will make it easier
> for other people to step in or even just do NMUs
>
> I'll also add a README.source to all of these inviting other
> contributors to push changes directly into alioth git if they need to
> NMU again
>
> Cajus, can you just confirm:
> - whether you want your email address in the Uploaders list
> - should I copy any other repository from your github?  You mentioned
>     https://github.com/cajus/qpid-cpp-store-debian
>   but I see others there too.
>
> Everybody else - has anybody been tracking their changes in local Git
> repositories?  I notice a lot of effort from the Ubuntu folks on the
> qpid-cpp package.  If there is any other Git repository out there now is
> probably a good time to try and merge them before any new stuff is uploaded.

I use $ dgit clone PKGNAME
Downside it's only accessible to DDs, so an alioth group project / git
should be fine.

> One other observation: qpid-cpp debian/changelog includes entries that
> were uploaded to Ubuntu releases, e.g.
>
>     qpid-cpp (0.16-7ubuntu5) trusty; urgency=low
>
> It doesn't bother me but is there any problem having these records in
> Debian versions of changelog?  It would seem better to combine them into
> a single changelog entry by the person who uploads to Debian

No there shouldn't be any problems with those records in changelog.
Same way that experimental entries are usually included in uploads to
unstable, or for example how emdebian upload changelogs are often
included when uploads are eventually done into debian.

If anybody objects, feel free to prune them, at the moment it
documents who/when/where introduced which changes.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.