Re: Motif

Hi Paul,

2013/5/18 Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org>:
> While we are waiting for the release team to respond to my questions
> about the transition from lesstif2 to motif [1], I am considering to
> have the motif package updated in non-free first.

I don't think that would work because autobuilders don't usually pick
packages from experimental. On the other hand, having it available
would help maintainers starting to consider potential build failures.

I'd prefer to wait for the final say from the Release Team about this
matter. That would probably require a preliminar test by your side,
checking how many packages would fail to build with motif.