[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Motif

Hi Luca

On 06-05-13 00:22, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> 2013/5/5 Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org>:
>> As the release of wheezy has happened this weekend. Is it now a good
>> time to follow up on the actions above?
> It should, yes.
> Feel free to upload motif to unstable, then I'll take care of removing
> openmotif from the archive just before processing motif from NEW.

While we are waiting for the release team to respond to my questions
about the transition from lesstif2 to motif [1], I am considering to
have the motif package updated in non-free first. That way we already
have the name change and additional packages done, albeit in non-free.
We can migrate the package to main when the real transition can start.
This way, packages that build-depend on libmotif-dev can start trying
out with the updated package from non-free, while we can not provide the
updated package now.

What do you think? Does this work for you, or does it just mean a lot
more manual action?

I considered having the new package in experimental first, but I
remember you saying that the old package needs to be removed from
unstable/non-free and we do have two build depends there.


[1] http://bugs.debian.org/708462

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply to: