Re: autofs

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:08:05PM +0100, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 01:58:17PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > Yes, just a fix of my previous QA upload. I'm aware of your
> > current activities. Eventually, I'll post patches or comments on BTS. I have
> > a working NIS environment here, just if you need a testbed or something.
>
> If you could test and verify the patch for #278229, that would be very good.
>
> > BTW, i did try to subscribe the autofs devel list, without results.
> > I think communicating a few patches and comments upstream is mandatory
> > for autofs...
>
> Yes, indeed. I don't even know the upstream distribution site (nor how to
> subscribe to the list); do you know where it is? :-)

distribution is done on the kernel.org ftp site, AFAIK. Collecting
patches from the devel list and possibly other distros like Fedora or
Suse is also a good thing.

There is an interesting non-deamon mode patch, which could be useful
for debugging purpose, but it seems creating problems with current
debian package.

> > Also, if i had time, I would start experiments with autofs-ng which
> > is potentially a complete rewrote and improvement of current
> > kernel and user space tools.
>
> I think I'll leave that for somebody else; my primary intention now is to
> clean up the bug list a bit and make sure autofs is in a releasable state for
> sarge (which I guess it is, after you fixed all the RC bugs :-) ).

that's good, my todos list is damn loooong...

--
Francesco P. Lovergine