Re: autofs

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 01:23:55PM +0100, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> I'm currently preparing to take over autofs (as should be evident from my
> recent activity in the BTS :-) ), but I'm awaiting the response on
> #278229 (to find out if the patch is worthwhile or not), and I'll have to
> find out what went wrong in the previous parse_sun.c patch (it still isn't
> right, and I'd rather fix that patch than add another one on top of it).
> (Just making sure, as it seems you suddently uploaded a new version to
> unstable :-) )

Yes, just a fix of my previous QA upload. I'm aware of your
current activities. Eventually, I'll post patches or comments on BTS. I have
a working NIS environment here, just if you need a testbed or something.

BTW, i did try to subscribe the autofs devel list, without results.
I think communicating a few patches and comments upstream is mandatory
for autofs...

Also, if i had time, I would start experiments with autofs-ng which
is potentially a complete rewrote and improvement of current
kernel and user space tools.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine